DOWNLOAD OUR PROSPECTUS BOOKLET
Our Prospectus Booklet which will give you an overview of our school community.
You can pick up our School Prospectus which contains all enrolment forms and information needed from our office anytime.
Or Download a LCS Prospectus online.
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Launceston Christian School (LCS). The following important information will guide you as you start the application process.
General Application information:
- LCS accepts applications throughout the entire year, however we do encourage you to apply as early as possible.
- If your application has not been finalised before 30th June it becomes a requirement for one or both parents and the enrolling students to attend our “Enrolment Application Day”. This will be held on a weekend early in August annually. Details of what is covered on this day can be found below. An individual schedule for the day will be sent to each family in late July/Early August. Please mark this date in your calendars.
- There are two key times for students to commence classes at LCS. These dates are nominated to ensure as smooth as possible transition to schooling for your children and to ensure minimal disruption to the learning of other students.
- January/February - the start of the Academic Year
- July/August - the start of the second semester
LCS understands that from time to time there are circumstances that are beyond a family's control and on a case-by-case basis reserves the right to enrol students at any time throughout the year.
- Please note that unlike some other schools, LCS has an application process that can take between 2 and 6 weeks to complete. This is due primarily to the emphasis and value that LCS places on the parent/school partnership, limited openings and the volume of applications we are currently receiving.
- All steps of the application process must be completed before an offer of enrolment is made.
- We encourage all families to ensure that they are leaving enough time to complete this process prior to their desired start date.
Enrolment Form to be completed:
- The LCS enrolment forms are important documents that you will need to complete and submit. Family Application Form (New families only) and Student Application Forms.
- You will need to complete a separate student form per child.
- We request that as much detailed information as possible be included on this form.
- To successfully complete this form, please reference the section below that lists additional documentation required.
Documents that you will need to provide as a part of the application process:
- Birth certificate
- Latest school report
- Any medical or allied health reps' reports, speech/psychological assessments and/or individual learning plans etc from current school (if applicable)
- Immunisation record
- Copy of Photo ID for both parents – copy of your driver’s license is acceptable.
- Documents can be provided in hard copy or attached as a PDF to an email.
- Please ensure that all documents are easily readable and if sent electronically, of a high resolution.
- All students applying for a Prep - Year 10 enrolment are required to complete this assessment. Kindergarten applications are the exception.
- This assessment helps LCS identity any areas of support or extension needed and furthermore helps LCS ascertain if there are any gaps in learning that might need to be addressed should there be an offer of enrolment.
- This assessment is not a test but rather a series of tasks students complete on a laptop.
- Results are confidential.
- The assessment takes approx. 1 hour to complete and must be completed on the LCS campus.
- Kindergarten enrolling children are asked to attend our Pre-Kinder Learning mornings at least twice during the year prior to enrolment. Further details will be communicated to families.
Interviews that need to be completed:
- LCS places significant importance in ensuring that there exists a strong and transparent bond between families and LCS. As a result, part of the process involves two important interviews that need to be completed.
- Ideally these interviews are completed in person on the LCS campus, however, if you are applying from interstate or overseas LCS will arrange for these interviews to be undertaken online. It is our preference that both parents/guardians attend these interviews. Please let us know in advance if that will not be possible.
- Depending on individual circumstances, interviews can take place in any order but please note that our normal process has the following order:
- Pre-enrolment interview with relevant Head of School: This meeting is for the relevant Head of School to meet and chat with you and your enrolling children/child. This meeting will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Final enrolment interview: This meeting will be with our Principal Mr Stuart Kent. This interview is commonly the final stage of the application process and takes around 20 minutes. Both parents/guardians need to attend. The interview is an informal chat so the Principal can get to know your family. If your application has been successful, you will be given your “Offer of Enrolment” documents at this interview.
- To guarantee your place at LCS please ensure you return the completed offer of enrolment documents within 5 working days after receiving it.
Enrolment Application Day:
- We will be holding two Enrolment Application Days in 2024. They will be held early April, and in August. These days are by invitation only.
- Over the course of the day, you will complete the following:
- Campus tour.
- Meet the Principal.
- Complete your Pre-enrolment Head of School interview.
- Complete your child's Pre-enrolment Assessment.
- If time allows complete your Principal interview.
- Your attendance at this event will ensure timely completion of your application process and enable clear communication from LCS in regard to the status of your application.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our Registrar, Mrs Keryl Robinson, via email email@example.com or
PH: 03 6327 2854.
Download an Enrolment Pack and complete a Family Application Form and Student Enrolment Application Form.
Proof of parent identity is also required
(see the Family Application Form for details or in step two information).
All forms need to be submitted to our Registrar before the enrolment process can begin.